WORK IN PROGRESS
The provision of services effectively started in the third quarter of 2012 and is advancing gradually as per the requirements of EDL.
At the moment BUS is performing:
- Meter reading & bill collection: 13 divisions are under Monthly Cycle Collection
- Planning and Design of new networks and new customer connections
- Construction of new networks and new customer connections
- Operation and Maintenance (preventive and repairs)
- Operation of customer care contact centers in EDL offices
- Operation of our own call center in Selaata which is currently running 24/7
- Smart Metering Pilot Project Final Phase: Testing
- Roll-out of more than 200 Medium Voltage smart meters at outgoing medium voltage feeders from primary sub-stations
- Network tampering and violations discovery through dedicated Non-Technical losses specialized teams
More than 800 people employed by BUS
- 68 teams of technicians spread out through our geographical lot for network operation and maintenance
- More than 2500 repair works executed per month
- Approximately 97% of the faults repaired in the same day
- More than 6 567 construction work orders executed to extend the grid and connect customers.
- 13 450 Km of surveyed Network.
- 6 380 surveyed MV/LV Sub-Stations.
- 45 000 surveyed Poles.
- More than $276M transferred already to EDL from Collection activity
- 12 teams working daily on the detection and addressing of energy illegal consumption
- More than 3 576 fines issued to customers for detected cases of illegal electrical connections and meter tampering
- All teams working on the ground already received extensive safety and technical training
- Complete fleet of more than 100 vehicles acquired to facilitate BUS’s services including bucket trucks and underground fault detector
- Selaata Facility including smart meters laboratory, warehouse and call center.